The Queensland Planning Provisions (QPP) ( 2.0 MB) are the standard planning scheme provisions made under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (the Act). This is a robust and flexible document that provides a consistent format and structure for local governments to prepare their planning schemes under the Act while allowing the flexibility to address each local government's circumstances.
The QPP document demonstrates how the government is delivering a more streamlined planning system and providing sustainable development outcomes for communities throughout Queensland.
The purpose of the QPP is to provide a clear and consistent framework:
- for planning schemes in Queensland
- to assist in the implementation of state, regional and local policies affecting land-use and development
- for the integration of state, regional, local and community expectations in relation to planning scheme areas.
Amendments to the QPP
The Queensland Government is reforming the planning and development system to make it the best in Australia. As part of this reform process, QPP version 3.1 ( 2.6 MB) has been reviewed to achieve better planning and development outcomes for local governments and communities.
Members of the public were invited to have their say on the draft amendments from Monday 8 December 2014 through to Friday 16 January 2015. The department will now consider all properly made submissions. A submission review report will be released with the approved version of QPP version 4.0.
- Download the full version of the draft QPP version 4.0 ( 5.9 MB)
- Download the draft Module A ( 723 KB) (with tracked changes)
- Download the draft Module B ( 9.1 MB) (with tracked changes)
For ease of review, the document includes track changes to clearly show the amendments between QPP version 3.1 and the draft version 4.0. There is also a summary of the changes ( 73 KB) as they relate to each part of the QPP available.
For more information about the QPP, please email contact the department